Monday, January 26, 2009

Welcome to the Online Astronomer

Hi folks!

Well, I went ahead and did it again!!! I started another blog. I must be messed up in the head or something because this is my third blog I have started.

Back in the 1990's while still living in Pensacola, FL, I originally had a website called The Online Astronomer. It consisted on my personal observation logs and activities of the Escambia County Astronomical Association. Now that I am here in Twin Falls, ID, I figured to try and start up the old web site again.

A little about myself, if you don't mind. My name is John Calvin Hall, and I am a Bible Teacher/ Educator at our local Bible Institute run out of our church: Cornerstone Baptist Church in Twin Falls. I hold a B.A. in Bible and an M.A. in Biblical Exposition from Pensacola Christian College. I teach adult/ college level Bible classes as well as New Testament Greek. I maintain The Bible Blogger in an attempt to provide Biblical answers to contemporary questions. My other haunt is the Theology Online forum.

I also am an active member of the Magic Valley Astronomical Society, as well as a certified operator for the Centennial Observatory at the College of Southern Idaho. The society currently meets every Second Saturday of the month at the Herrett Center, located on the campus of CSI, with a Public Star Party at the Observatory afterward.

My third passion... ur... well, ok, it's more of an addiction is EVE Online! My avatar is currently defending the Amarr Empire from the nefarious hoards of barbarians and pirates! Stop by his blog at The House Theodoulos.

If you want to sent me a Tweet, you can follow me on Twitter at johncalvinhall.

My intention for the Online Astronomer is to provide interesting and stimulation articles relating to astronomy, either found on the Internet, sent to me by my friends, or stumbled across through my course in life. I hope you find this site useful, and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ss_blog_claim=9c656ca548ec25703fb009f4a24a5b91